This palace, which is situated on the stairs of the Byzantine Hippodrome building and which is not known when it was built, is located in the Hippodrome Square that we know as the Sultanahmet Square today. Suleyman The Magnificent had this palace repaired in 1520, and allocated it to the use of his groom and vizier Ibrahim Pasha. After that period, it was continued to be used as a vizier palace. The building, which faced the Hippodrome in the time of Byzantine Empire and the Racetrack in the time of Ottoman Empire, was also used as a belvedere palace in respect of its structure. Suleyman The Magnificent watched the circumcision feast organized for his children in 1530 from this palace.
A museum named Evkaf-ı Islamiye (Islamic Foundations Museum) was established under the leadership of Osman Hamdi Bey in order to protect the precious arts in the Ottoman foundations and mosques following the fact that they were stolen by thieves one by one. This museum, which was opened to visit in 1914, was placed in the imaret building of the Süleymaniye Complex. The museum was named as Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum after the proclamation of the Republic, and it was moved to the Ibrahim Pasha Palace in 1983.
The Ibrahim Pasha Palace, which many arts have been exhibited since 1983, has hosted so many exhibitions and events as well. The new guest of the İbrahim Pasha Palace Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum will be the Solo Exhibition of the Yeditepe Biennial.